Garlic Roast Squash, beetroot & carrot salad with Spinach & Toasted Pumpkin seeds
1/2 Butternut squash
3 whole beetroot
6 cloves of garlic
300ml 0live oil
100g baby spinach
Toasted pumpkin seeds
- Peel the squash, carrots and beetroot.
- Cut the squash into finger size lengths.(keep the second half for a soup)
- Cut the beetroot into wedges, and chop the carrot into large 1.5 inch chunks approx..
- Grab 3 trays or casserole dishes and toss the vegetables in the olive oil keeping a little more for the squash.
- Puree the garlic and toss over the squash, season all 3 trays with sea salt.
- Place in the oven at 170-180 degrees Celsius.
- The carrots and beetroot will take approx. 30 mins depending on your oven, the squash may take a little longer.
- Wash and shred the spinach. Toast the seeds on a tray in the oven cool and any excess can be kept in a sealed jar and used anytime to top salads or porridge etc
- Once the veg is all tender, cool and arrange on a platter squash first followed by the beetroot and carrot.
- Sprinkle the spinach on top and then the seeds.
- This salad is great hot or cold, roast vegetables will keep in the fridge for up to 3 days once cooled properly in advance.
- They can be added to cous cous, rice tossed with leaves and some goats cheese for a tasty lunch.