February has just flown by and we cannot believe it’s Pancake Tuesday already!
We know it can be a struggle to make the perfect pancake, it either sticks to the pan, it is too thick or falls apart when you flip it. Not too worry our head chef Kathleen has shared her recipe so you can make perfect fluffy pancakes at home.
- 135g Plain Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Caster Sugar
- 130ml Milk
- 1 Large Egg
- 2 tbsp Melted Butter
- 1 tbsp Butter (for cooking)
- Sift the plain flour, baking powder, salt and caster sugar and mix together.
- Spilt the egg, separating the egg yolk and whites, place in separate bowls.
- Lightly mix the egg yolk and milk together.
- Whip the egg whites.
- Add the milk mixture to the flour mixture and mix until the batter is smooth.
- Add the melted butter and fold into the egg white.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan on a medium heat and add a tablespoon of butter.
- Once melted add a ladle of the batter to the pan
- Once the pancake starts to bubble it’s ready to turn, cook until both sides are golden brown.
- Finally, add toppings of the choice.
Enjoy Chef Kathleen