800g oat flakes
200g seeds/ nuts of your choice * I prefer sunflower, pumpkin flaked almonds and hazelnuts
200g dried cranberries
1tsp vanilla extract
- Mix all of the seeds, nuts & oats together.
- Melt the butter, honey & vanilla together.
- Toss both mixes together in a bowl.
- Spread evenly on baking sheets . Place in the oven at 160 degrees.
- Toast till golden brown, you will need to mix regularly while it’s roasting.
- Remove from the oven leave to cool on the trays.
- Once the mix is 100% cold add the dried cranberries & store in an airtight container. It will keep fresh for a few weeks if you store in a cool dry place!
I also look forward to the cooler mornings, leaves falling, spiced squash soups, fruity curries & hot chilies.
But salads are always at the core of our menu here’s my latest favorite❤️❤️
Roasted squash & beetroot salad with cumin spiced hazelnuts
1/2 butternut squash
4 whole beetroot
4 tbsp olive oil
1 cup hazelnuts
- Peel the beetroot, cut in half and slice into wedges approx 8-10 depending on size.
- Peel, half and scoop out the squash. Cut into 3 inch lengths approx.
- Place each veg in separate roasting trays. Toss in olive oil & season with salt & pepper.
- Place in a preheated oven at 190 degrees Celsius for 20 mins approx it until tender.
- Meanwhile on a dry heated pan toss the hazelnuts until they are lightly toasted add the cumin & a pinch of salt toast for another 30 seconds or so. Place on a tray to cool.
- Arrange your slightly cooled squash & beetroot on a platter. Toss some hazelnuts over & serve.
Not to mention the C word to early ??but we do have our delicious christmas puddings on the shelves already!!
Till next time…